Drug abuse, involves the excessive and repeated use of a substance to escape reality to produce pleasure despite its destructive effects. The substances abused can be illegal drugs such as opium, cocaine, marijuana and their derivatives or legal substances used improperly, such as prescription drugs and inhalants like nail polish or gasoline.
· Marijuana: Believed to be the most commonly used illegal drug. Marijuana abuse has been linked to delinquent behavior, low achievement, and poor family relationships. However, there are drawbacks to extended use, including lung and respiratory problems caused by the smoke, learning and memory impairment, and infertility.
· Narcotic and Opioid Abuse: Narcotics side effects include vomiting, nausea, and sever itching. Withdrawing from narcotics is extremely unpleasant, with symptoms including muscle and joint pain, fever, chills, sweats, nausea, diarrhea, and stomach cramps.
In general, the more treatment received the greater the results. Drug and alcohol abusers who remain in treatment longer than 3 months typically have greater success than those who receive less treatment. Addicted individuals who undergo medically assisted drug or alcohol detox to minimize the discomfort of withdrawal symptoms but do not receive any further treatment, perform about the same in terms of their drug or alcohol use as those who are never treated at all.
· Depressants and Downer Abuse: Depressants, commonly known as opium, marijuana, cocaine, and their derivatives, are substances that slow down the central nervous system. Additionally, they may suffer from amnesia and delusions. Downers are highly addictive, and withdrawal is severe, with symptoms including cramps, nausea, and vomiting. When mixed with alcohol downers are lethal in high doses.
· Steroid Abuse: Steroid abuse causes blood pressure to skyrocket, decreases good cholesterol (HDL) while increasing bad cholesterol (LDL), triggers violent and aggressive behavior, results in severe acne, and brings growth to a halt in adolescents.
· Inhalant Abuse: Inhalants are chemicals, which cause intoxication when inhaled or sniffed. Highly huffing this comes with side effects including loss of consciousness, vomiting, nausea, delusions, and confusion. Prolonged inhalant abuse can also cause damage to the brain and other organs of the body. However, the biggest risk involved with inhalant use is death by overdose caused by sudden heart failure even in individuals who are young and healthy.
· Hallucinogen and Dissociative Drug Abuse: Hallucinogens and Dissociative drugs, also known as psychedelics, affect the user’s thought processes and sensory perceptions. Risks include a dangerous increase in body temperature, heart problems and liver damage.
· Stimulants and Upper Abuse: Stimulants, or uppers, are drugs which speed up the central nervous system. Stimulants abuse over time leads to symptoms such as hallucinations, paranoid thinking, anxiety, aggression, and sleep difficulties. Uppers overdose can result in heart failure, stroke, and death.
This article will give you information on the problems of using drugs and their effects on health and work. The amount of medicinal information available is inadequate. Most people understand that medicines are not good, but they do not always think about how the consequences of medicine uses can affect their work.
This is not a replacement for substance mistreatment. If a person is having problems related to the misuse of medicines, he or she should be referred to a qualified substance abuse expert. This guidance is only designed as an educational program for employment seekers. The medicines that will be discussed in this topic are alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and illicit (marijuana, cocaine, heroine, LSD, etc.) medicines as complete group.
Begin the lesson by discussing medicine tests at work. Inform trainees that employers have the right to test for illegal medicine use. More than 70 per cent of illegal medicine users are employed. Of people who called a drugs help line, 70 per cent indicated they used cocaine while working, 60 per cent reported that medicines unfavorably affected their job performance, and 15-18 per cent had stolen from employers to support their medicine habit. Medicine using employees at General Motors average 30-40 sick days per year compared to 4-5 sick days for non users. Researches found that substance abuse is the number one health problem in the country.
When employees fail to work, they need to pay sick days and overtime for replacement employees. Deprived performance leads to work not getting done on time and bad quality. When products and services are not done properly, they need to be done over. Repeating any procedure costs money. Workplace injuries cost organizations a lot of money in avoidance program, employee’s compensation, and replacement employees. All of these factors lead to higher cost. High costs leads to money being spent on training new employees.
The bad effects of alcohol and illegal medicine use should be discussed. Use of alcohol or illegal medicines while working is definitely related to bad performance and accidents. Long-term abuse of alcohol or illegal medicines is linked to health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, and liver disease. Even occasional parting the night before office can impact a person’s job. Calling in sick and bad job performance when at work can affect a person’s job evaluations and opportunities to move forward in the organization.
I hope in this article you get some useful information on how medicines and drugs can ruin your career.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Read information on How to Stop Alcohol Addiction and say bye to deadly diseases such as throat cancer, lung cancer, etc. Know about ERP for Process Manufacturing and other ERP systems. Also know Small Business Entrepreneur Ideas and opportunities to earn money online.
Depending on the type of drug a person uses, he or she will experience different drugs long term effects. It doesn’t matter if you think that pot is a soft drug and you will only do that drug because the others are hard drugs. That’s nonsense. Did you know that internationally, cannabis is considered to by as bad a cocaine, heroin, etc…? But let’s not get into a discussion which drug is softer than another, the truth is that all drugs have horrible drugs long term effects.
The information you will read here is the truth as it comes. No whichi-wachi nonsense. All the research has come from official pages of the United Nations, World Health Organization and more. Drugs long term effects will cripple the body’s ability to do something specific without drug use. This is why it’s do hard to overcome drug addiction, because of the drug’s long term effects.
Lets start with a popular-known drug called Methamphetamine, also known as “Meth,” and many more. This drug stimulates the brain ability to produce pleasure, and with repeated use, the long term drug effect will be horrible. It will literally “turn off” the brain’s ability to produce pleasure without the presence of Meth. Another popular known drug is Crack/Cocaine. It has very similar drug long term effects as Meth, but as a big extra long term drug effect, cocaine has the uniqueness of accompanying the short-lived euphoria by a “crash.”
This involves repeatedly falling into depressions, anxiety attacks, extreme fatigue and paranoia, as well as deterioration of general health. A common drug long term effect is to develop an extreme carving for more cocaine but will only result into more long term drug effects of depression, paranoia, etc…
Heroin is a brutal drug that produces drugs long term effects of kidney shut down, poisoning from contaminated spots of injection and even toxic leukoencephalopathy. Drugs long term effects associated to toxic leukoencephalopathy range from forgetfulness, inattention, and changes in personality to coma, dementia, and even death.
And for last, I left the drugs long term effects of marijuana. A single straw of marijuana contains more tar than you can find inside a whole pack of cigarettes. Somehow, it has been widely thought that smoking a cigarette is worse that smoking pot, while in reality it’s completely the other way around. Other marijuana drugs long term effects can be homosexual tendencies, impotence, and serves as a welcome door to other drugs as well.
Drugs kill, ands that’s that, not matter which drugs long term effects they have. If you think someone close to you is using, talk to him and consider a drug rehab center immediately.
Posters can sometimes prove to be very useful specially when they help in bringing changes in an individual. It is often said that when we read attractive sayings they always remain in our mind and we tend to follow them. If you believe the same then buy posters with attractive sayings that communicate the right message in a straight forward way.
These days posters with positive quotations are an integral part of corporate premises. Bulletin boards, workstations, office windows etc are some of the places where people often find posters that spread some kind of a message. Marijuana posters strictly saying no to marijuana are in demand these days because these posters are encouraging people to quit marijuana intake.
Informative posters can be stuck on your home walls as well as office walls because coming across such kind of posters regularly will surely bring change in your attitude. Marijuana posters having motivational thoughts even help to bring a change in the mind set of several people who are addicted to harmful drugs. For those who are badly addicted to drugs must buy cheap marijuana posters and stick them on their surrounding walls. Different sizes of posters are available and it is totally dependent on a person to choose posters of any size.
For those who are running anti drug campaigns and need posters conveying powerful messages must buy marijuana posters to spread the message. One can compare different kinds of marijuana posters and then select the best poster from every aspect.
Buy reasonable marijuana posters from online poster companies and get them delivered to your places. Stick the posters on your surrounding walls, as this will keep motivating you to quit bad habits at the earliest. So, buy the most informative marijuana posters that makes you aware about the adverse effects of having harmful drugs.